You’ve just published a video on YouTube. You’re ready to share your work on Facebook.
But when you click the share button and try to share the video, you’re hit with this message:
User opted out of platform. The action attempted is disallowed, because the user has opted out of Facebook platform.
You wonder if something is wrong with the YouTube sharing feature. You go back and try.
After a few more attempts, you’re hit with the same message.
Before your start pulling your hair, wondering what the problem is, let it be known that it’s not a YouTube Problem.
Rather, it’s a Facebook setting issue.
Here are the steps to follow if you cannot share a YouTube video on Facebook.
- 1 How to Fix User Opted Out of Platform Error on Facebook
- 1.1 Step 1 – Log in to Facebook profile account.
- 1.2 Step 2 – Under Settings and Privacy, choose Settings
- 1.3 Step 3 – Select Privacy
- 1.4 Step 4 – Search for Apps and Websites
- 1.5 Step 5 – Click on Apps and Websites
- 1.6 Step 6 – Scroll Down to Preferences
- 1.7 Step 7 – Confirm Turn Off
- 1.8 Step 8 – Click Turn On
- 1.9 Step 9 – Click Turn On
- 1.10 Step 10 – Go Back to YouTube and Share Video
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions
How to Fix User Opted Out of Platform Error on Facebook
Step 1 – Log in to Facebook profile account.
Click on your profile icon and choose Settings and privacy.
Step 2 – Under Settings and Privacy, choose Settings
Step 3 – Select Privacy
This is on the left panel of the Settings Menu.
Step 5 – Click on Apps and Websites
Step 6 – Scroll Down to Preferences
Click Turn off in the Apps, websites, and games section.
Step 7 – Confirm Turn Off
Click on Turn Off.
Step 8 – Click Turn On
You’ll be brought back to Preferences. Click Turn on.
Step 9 – Click Turn On
On the confirmation window, click Turn on.
This time, you can share the YouTube video on Facebook.
Follow these steps if you cannot share a YouTube video on Facebook.
To refresh your understanding of the above steps, watch the video below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use the above steps while logged in to my Facebook page?
No, you can’t. These steps will only work with your profile account, not a page account.
Select Share on a Page You Manage option as shown below.
You can then select your preferred page from the drop-down menu.